How to Fill Knot Holes in a Privacy Fence
Sometime when you power wash your fence, you may blow out some of the wood fence knots. Knot Holes in a Privacy Fence. Knotholes can weaken the structural integrity of a fence, fill with organic materials that can lead to rot and decay and harbor unwanted insects and pests.
- Wood dowel
- Wood glue
- Sand paper (optional)
- Find the hole you want to fill.
- Cut a piece of wood dowel the size of the hole you want to fill.
- Apply wood filler glue to hole and dowel.
- Insert prepared wood dowel in hole.
5. Allow to dry. (sanding is optional)
6. Stain filled hole.