Car Flat Tire Repair
Follow your owners manual to remove a tire from your car. Below was my experience.
Take time to become familiar with your spare tire, jack, and lug wrench tools in your car before you need them.
You have flat tire on the road? Find a safe/secure place to pull over, and replace your flat tire. This may mean ruining a tire.
- Remove spare tire from your car.
- Find and remove the tire tools (tire jack and lug nut wrench) from your car. You may have a lug key for one of your lug nuts.
- Set your emergency brakes on.
- Roll down a window in your car. Keep your car keys with you.
- Find a secure place for your tire jack, to lift your car.
- Secure the tire jack under the car.
NOTE: My tire jack is not the one that came with the car.
7. Jack your car up slightly. Tire should still be in-touch with the ground at this time. Using the lug wrench, loosen the lug nuts. DO NOT REMOVE LUG NUTS YET.
8. Jack your car up until the flat tire is completely off the ground.
9. Loosen all lug nuts, and then remove tire.
10. Install new tire in reverse order.